Adobe Audience Manager: Sandbox Questions
Currently, Exchange partners cannot get sandbox access to Adobe Audience Manager (AAM). This is an Adobe Audience Manager product team policy and there are no exceptions.
AAM Marketplace partners will receive limited access to the AAM interface to create and maintain their Marketplace feeds. All other partners will not be given any access. We recognize that there is strong partner demand for an AAM sandbox and we are working with the product team to see if we can make one available. But at the moment there are no plans to make AAM sandboxes available to partners.
That said, Exchange partners can create an AAM integration. They’re our most popular and common integration. There are three different AAM integrations:
- A targeting partner integration (AAM clients send you audiences)
- An AAM Marketplace integration (you upload segments to AAM for AAM customers to buy on the Marketplace)
- An onboarding integration (you help AAM customers upload their own data into AAM)
Follow one of the links above to get started with an AAM integration. The linked guides will walk you through what you need to set up on your end. On the Adobe side we will assign a Project Manager to work with you on your AAM integration when your application comes up in the queue, the queue is 9-12 months long and is prioritized based on client demand. Once we are ready to work with you we will reach out to get started.
Requesting an Experience Cloud account
To build one of the integrations mentioned above, you must have an Experience Cloud sandbox account provisioned (frequently referred to as an IMS Org) -- even though this will not result in the use of an AAM sandbox.
You must take some initial steps to have this account provisioned.
- Sign in to the Exchange program partner portal with your Adobe ID.
- Navigate to the App Manager
- Click on "Create New Application" from the Application Dashboard.
- Scroll down to the app template that matches your planned integration and click "Create App."
- Quickly fill in the required fields on the App Profile page and click "Save". You'll see all the required fields listed in the right margin. You do not need to spend time getting these items finalized at this point as you can come back and enter the final information before you publish the app.
- On the Connections page double check that at least one of the Audience Manager connections is marked "Required" AND add the "Analytics I/O APIs" connection as required, then click "Save"
At this point your provisioning request has been initiated. You do not need to continue adding information for the other pages within App Manager at this time. You will receive an email notification when your provisioning has been completed (usually 2-5 business days) and you can then continue with the integration project.
IMPORTANT, you should remove the "Analytics I/O APIs" connection requirement from your App after you receive notice that you sandbox provisioning has completed successfully. Temporarily including the Analytics connection is currently needed to force the provisioning request -- but your AAM integration will not need this connection.