Audience Marketplace: Feed Contracts and Pricing FAQ
What pricing models are available within Audience Marketplace?
The Audience Marketplace offers the flexibility to set up your Data Feeds as either a CPM or Flat fee.
- “CPM” means a cost per one thousand (1000) display, mobile, video or audio advertising impressions, bought or sold by the Buyer, using a licensed Trait as an audience targeting, price/bid optimization or creative optimization criteria. Buying data on CPM basis requires the Buyer to access data and run ad campaigns using the data in a given calendar month. At the end of the month, Buyers are required to report (via online data entry) to Adobe the number of ad impressions realized in the previous month.
- “Flat Fee” means a fixed cost, per calendar month, incurred by the Buyer regardless of usage of the license Traits. There is no impression reporting requirement for Flat Fee buying. Audience Marketplace Flat Fees cannot be prorated – the entire cost of the feed will be invoiced regardless of day in the calendar month. The use of a Data Provider’s audience Segments in order to optimize non-advertising content on a Buyer’s owned and operated web sites or mobile apps is included in the Flat Fee Unit of Measure pricing.
Within one Data Feed, you can set up plans with one or both of these pricing models, with the flexibility to offer these across one or multiple Use Cases as well. For more information on the types of Use Cases you can make available, review this article: https://adobeexchangeec.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007551972-Audience-Marketplace-What-is-it-and-why-do-I-need-it-
I have pre-existing commercial terms, or am doing a custom deal, with a buyer. How do I reflect this in Audience Marketplace?
You have three ways to implement custom pricing in Audience Marketplace. Audience Marketplace billing can also be bypassed, allowing you to invoice the customer, per your deal terms, directly.
- Audience Marketplace supports the application of a % discount from list pricing displayed in the tool. Any data Seller has the ability to grant a Buyer a discount from list pricing displayed in the tool. After the discount is applied, all other functions of Audience Marketplace proceed as normal–including Adobe billing the customer.
- If Audience Marketplace does not support the required commercial, or other, terms required by Buyer and Seller, then the pair can bypass the pricing functions of Audience Manager altogether. In this scenario, the Seller effectively grants the Buyer “free” access to the data in our system, and the parties settle up directly on their own based upon separate contract terms. Two ways to implement this.
- Grant the buyer a 100% discount to an existing Feed.
- As a seller you can create a new Private Feed specifically for the customer and set a list price of $0.00.
I would like to apply a discount to a data feed for one customer. What is the process for this?
Documentation on granting a discount can be found here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/aam/marketplace-seller-discounts.html.
A buyer needs to initiate the discount process by requesting it. If the buyer is already subscribed to a plan, they will not be given the opportunity to request the discount. Instruct the customer to unsubscribe from your data, then request the discount. More information can be found here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/aam/marketplace-buyer-discounts.html.
Discounts are applied based on whole number percentages. Our platform does not support the ability to apply decimalized percentages (i.e. 12.5%), so when you're negotiating costs, make sure you're keeping this in mind when offering discounted prices.
Can I offer my data feed at a discount for a limited time period?
Audience Marketplace does not support list price edits for data feeds with live subscribers. If you want to offer your data at a lower price for a limited time, you have several options:
- Do not use the Adobe clearinghouse capabilities. Zero-out the costs of all data feeds for Activation and/or Modeling and establish a direct financial relationship with the relevant customers. This will enable you to have more flexible costing options, including time-based discounts.
- Apply discounts via Audience Marketplace, but make sure customers understand that at the end of the time period, they will be required to unsubscribe from this discounted data feed, which includes unmapping of all relevant Traits from Segments.