Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) brings a content management system (CMS) and a digital asset management (DAM) together. With its native connection to Adobe Creative Cloud, its users can get content to market faster and create the personalized experiences their customers expect.
Day Software created the content management system CQ in 2002. Eight years later on 28 July 2010, Adobe acquired Day Software. In 2013, Adobe renamed CQ "Adobe Experience Manager."
- Less disruption, more cloud scale and security. Gives its users true enterprise-level content management, privacy, and scale in the cloud.
- Adaptable experiences. Lets its users easily create rich media content that adapts to every screen.
- Content intelligence. Gives its users AI-powered tools to make experiences faster and more personal.
- Marketing and IT velocity. Helps marketing and IT teams to work in parallel to design and deliver personalized digital experiences to millions of customers on multiple channels.
Top Integration Use Cases
- Translation Services: The Translation Integration Framework in AEM enables developers to integrate third-party translation services to orchestrate the translation of AEM content.
- Content Sharing: Partners can integrate to pull content from the AEM asset manager for customers to use in the partner’s platform or they can integrate to push data to the asset manager for customers to use in AEM.
- eCommerce: Partners can integrate with AEM to provide order management and other eCommerce services.
- ContextHub: AEM ContextHub allows customers to store data and create segments to personalize content for their users. Partners can integrate with ContextHub to send segments for targeting and personalization.
- Examples - see existing AEM integrations at AdobeExchange.com
- AEM Connectors
- AEM Translations Integration Guide
- AEM Developer Best Practices
- AEM Assets Product Documentation
- AEM ContextHub Product Documentation
- AEM eCommerce Product Documentation
- AEM General Product Documentation
- AEM knowledge base articles