Note: Any partner can create a listing, but for a listing to be public and searchable on the Adobe Exchange Marketplace you MUST be Innovate or higher tier of partnership. If you choose to remain an Exchange Member your listing will be private but shareable link, but it will not be searchable or visible to the public.
To get your shareable link, login to the partner portal, click on App Manager, select your application, and select the "more" button to get your sharable link.
Steps to Create your Listing
- Login on the Exchange Partner site, click on the App Manager link next to your name, and create your listing in App Manager. (If you aren't already registered learn how to register for the program.)
- While you are creating your listing sandboxes will be provisioned for available products, and this article has more information on provisioning.
- Submit your listing once it is complete. The Adobe Exchange team will review your application and provide feedback if updates are required, the review process usually takes about a week. If you mark the “publish immediately” checkbox when you submit your app, the listing will be published immediately upon approval. If you want to publish your application at a later time, leave the checkbox unmarked and when the app is approved, a blue “Publish” button will appear next to it on your app listings page.
- To update your listing once it has been initially approved login to the Partner Portal, and click the App Manager button. Select your application and make your changes aren resubmit for approval. Once re-submitted the Adobe Exchange team will approve/reject the changes, and will give you feedback about the changes if rejected.
Using Adobe Exchange App Manager
- App Manager enables you to create an app listing, submit sandbox requests and publish your listing in Adobe Exchange.
- During the process if you need to stop and pick up later just hit save and you can continue later.
- A green status shows completed sections, orange shows sections that need attention. Sandbox and EULA pages do not have a status as they are not required.
- Once all the required fields are completed you will be able to submit your application.
App Profile Page
- This section captures the detail that is used for your Adobe Exchange listing.
- Help text will let you know what is needed for each section, pay special attention to the content sizing, we have provided specifics so the content will render correctly in your listing.
- Make sure the Featured Image is an image that can stand alone and highlights both your brand and the application. The Featured Image is the image shown when someone shares a link for your application, so it should be clear that it is an app created by your company.
- The "Proceed to Approval" button will only be clickable once all required tasks are completed.
- To ensure your preview images render properly be sure to follow the size guidelines provided. (1280 x 720 min, or 2560 x 1440 - 16:9; PNG or JPG)
- Provide ecosystem or informational slides in addition to screen shots if that makes sense for your application.
- Utilize the Preview Listing button to see how your logos and screen shots will look in the actual listing.
- Select applicable connections while designating if they are required or optional. These selections will determine which sandbox requests are submitted. (Learn more about sandbox provisioning.)
- Once you have selected the Required/Optional connections make sure to confirm the required connections in the bottom right section of the screen.
The Endpoints section allows you to add URLs where App Manager can send authentication tokens, app modifications and deletions, and test calls. See this article for a detailed description of the endpoints you can add and what each is used for.
- Sandboxes are automatically submitted for provisioning based on the connections chosen in the connections section.
- Sandboxes take 5-7 business days to get provisioned.
- Not all sandboxes can be provisioned, this article gives detail for each solution.
- Specify how your application is licensed.
- End users will be prompted to accept your EULA before they can acquire your application.
Installation & Support Page
- Choose a template f your application is installed using one of the pre-defined Adobe connection methods.
- Provide customer installation instructions if your application install method is not in the first section. Please include:
- Detailed enough instructions so an end user will know the level of effort to install the application.
- Your instructions must clearly detail what product(s) your application is integrated with and install instructions for each application. These instructions are run by our technical team for feedback, so make sure they are very detailed and specific.
- Support contact information, you must provide information for two of the three contact methods (email/support/web url).
- Properly tagging your application will enable users to find your application.
- Add Custom Tags, at the bottom of the page, so that any search terms specific to your application will pull up your application.