Adobe Exchange: Creating and Updating your App Listing using App Manager
Steps to Create your Listing
- Please take a look at our App Submission Guideline (must be logged into Exchange Partner site to view) for detailed information on how to create the most engaging listing.
- Login on the Exchange Partner site. Once logged in click on the App Manager link next to your name. (If you aren't already registered learn how to register for the program.)
- Use App Manager to complete your listing, details to follow in the below sections.
- While you are creating your listing sandboxes will be provisioned for available products, this article has more information on provisioning.
- Submit your listing once it is complete. The Adobe Exchange team will review your application and provide feedback if updates are required, the review process usually takes about a week. If you mark the “publish immediately” checkbox when you submit your app, the listing will be published immediately upon approval. If you want to publish your application at a later time, leave the checkbox unmarked and when the app is approved, a blue “Publish” button will appear next to it on your app listings page.
- To update your listing once it has been initially approved visit the Partner Portal, and once logged in click on the App Manager button next to your name. Then select your application and follow the flow above that was initially used to create the listing. Once re-submitted the Adobe Exchange team will review the changes and will either approve the changes, or respond with comments about the changes.
Using Adobe Exchange App Manager
- App Manager takes you step by step through the process of creating an application, connecting your application, submitting sandbox requests and publishing your listing in Adobe Exchange.
- During the process if you need to stop and pick up later just hit save and you will be able to resume the process at your next login.
- A green status shows completed sections, orange shows sections that need attention. Sandbox and EULA pages do not have a status as they are not required.
- Once all the required fields are completed you will be able to submit your application.
App Profile Page
- This section will capture much of the detail that is used for your Adobe Exchange listing so please take your time in creating this content.
- Help text will let you know what is needed for each section, pay special attention to the content sizing, we have provided specifics so the content will render correctly in your listing.
- Please pay special attention to the Featured Image and make sure the image submitted is an image that can stand alone and highlights both your brand and the application. The Featured Image is the image shown when someone shares a link for your application, so make sure it represents your app and brand.
- The "Submit application for approval" button will only be clickable once all required tasks are completed.
- IMPORTANT - Make sure to submit a featured image that can stand alone and will show your brand and highlight your application. For more information on what makes a good featured image please visit https://partners.adobe.com/exchangeprogram/experiencecloud/build/ec-exchange.html. The Featured Image is the one shown when someone shares the link or posts on social media, so needs it to be something you would like to represent your brand. A good example at https://www.adobeexchange.com/experiencecloud.details.100913.html (You can view the featured image by sharing the link).
- To ensure your preview images render properly be sure to follow the size guidelines provided. (1280 x 720 min, or 2560 x 1440 - 16:9; PNG or JPG)
- Some partners will provide ecosystem or informational slides in addition to screen shots. If that makes sense for your application feel free to provide those in addition to screen shots.
- Utilize the Preview Listing button to see how your logos and screen shots will look in the actual listing.
- Make sure to select all applicable connections, and select if they are required or optional. These selections will determine which sandbox requests can be submitted for your application. (Learn more about sandbox provisioning.)
- The Magento & Marketo connections are not yet in App Manager, if you have one of those integrations then select "Other" for now as your connection.
- Once you have selected the Required/Optional connections make sure to confirm the required connections in the bottom right section of the screen.
- Click on save once you have chosen your connections.
The Endpoints section allows you to add URLs where App Manager can send authentication tokens, app modifications and deletions, and test calls. See this article for a detailed description of the endpoints you can add and what each is used for.
- Sandboxes are automatically submitted for provisioning based on the connections chosen in the previous screen.
- Sandboxes can take up to two weeks to get provisioned.
- AAM is not a product that will be provisioned and to learn more view our Exchange Library article that gives more detail around this topic.
- Specify how your application is licensed.
- End users will be prompted to accept your EULA before they can acquire your application.
Installation & Support Page
- If your application is installed using one of the pre-defined Adobe connection methods then choose that template from the first section.
- If your application install method is not in the first section then provide your custom installation instructions. Please include:
- Detailed enough instructions so an end user will know the level of effort to install the application.
- Your instructions must clearly detail what product(s) your application is integrated with and install instructions for each application. Many partners submit their technical documentation for the product in this section and that perfect for the detail we are looking to highlight.
- Support contact information, you must provide information for two of the three contact methods (email/support/web url).
- Properly tagging your application will enable users to find your application.
- Be sure to add Custom Tags, at the bottom of the page, so that any search terms specific to your application will pull up your application.