Adobe Audience Manager: Troubleshooting When Using a 3rd-Party Onboarding Partner
Sometimes our Marketplace partners use data onboarders like Liveramp to help them get data into Audience Manager. Our onboarding partners do a great job of simplifying the data upload process but if there’s a problem with the upload, it can be a little tricky to know who can help troubleshoot it. This article describes who can do what in the troubleshooting process.
What you can do yourself
If you don’t see the data you’re expecting in your trait counts, you should check the onboarding reports to determine whether the file uploaded and if it did, how many rows were uploaded. The reports will also tell you if there were any errors in the file and what they were. This article goes into detail about what those errors mean and how you can troubleshoot them. One of the most common errors is a mismatch between the taxonomy in AAM and the taxonomy given to the onboarding partner so make sure you pay special attention to that section. Often, our partners are able to resolve the issues themselves after running through the steps of that article.
What your onboarder can help with
Sometimes there’s a problem on the onboarding partner side or an error in the information you entered into their system. The Adobe partner support channel doesn’t have access to Onboarding partner’s systems and we don’t know very much about their specific processes. So questions about the data that you sent into the onboarding partner, the data that your entered in their interface, and whether the onboarding partner’s system sent the file (and if it didn’t, why it didn’t) will need to be sent to that onboarding partner’s support channel. Examples of questions that should go to the onboarding partner are:
- “I checked the onboarding reports but I don’t see any files there. Why wasn’t the file sent into Adobe’s system?”
- “I’m not sure if I put the right information into the form on the onboarding partner’s site.”
- “I’m not sure how to select mobile IDs in the onboarding partner site.”
What this support channel can help with
- Helping you understand what IDs are used in the filenames that are sent into Adobe Audience Manager and what your IDs are.
- Point you to documentation on file formats and file name formats
- Depending on the partner, we might be able to help you retrieve a copy of the file itself to check for problems. This is also something your onboarding partner may be able to help with.
When you reach out to us, it’s helpful to send us information like the following:
- The ID of the data source you’re trying to upload data to
- The IDs of the traits that aren’t showing data
- The troubleshooting steps you’ve taken so far to try to fix the problem