IAB TCF is a transparency and consent framework by IAB to help publishers and ad tech vendors honor user consent per GDPR in a standard way. IAB TCF 2.0 is the second version of IAB TCF 1.1. More details here - https://github.com/InteractiveAdvertisingBureau/GDPR-Transparency-and-Consent-Framework/blob/master/TCFv2/TCF-Implementation-Guidelines.md AAM already supports IAB TCF 1.1. Please find the help docs for IAB TCF 1.1 here - https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/audience-manager/user-guide/overview/data-privacy/consent-management/aam-iab-plugin.html
Adobe has upgraded to IAB TCF 2.0 and fully supports it as of June 30th 2020. Our vendor id 565 will remain the same. The implications are - the id syncs from Adobe carry consent strings as per IAB TCF 2.0 format if the id sync URL contains the relevant macros. All the IAB TCF 1.1 macros have been removed from id sync urls. Adobe also plans to ensure that if a user has declined consent for either Adobe or to the partner, then no id syncs or segments will be sent to the partner.
Action required to make sure AAM/AEP integration continues to work post June 30th 2020
Open a ticket with the Adobe Exchange support team
- Confirm whether you plan to register as a vendor for IAB TCF 2.0
- If YES, then share with us…
- timeline by which you will be listed in GVL 2.0
- your vendor id
- your id sync URL with IAB TCF 2.0 macros inserted
- Adobe will only replace the GDPR and GDPR_CONSENT_VENDORID macros in the id sync values with the respective values from the user before we initiate id syncs with you
Once we receive this information we will respond with a confirmation as we update our platform.