Migration of AEM connector to AEM as a Cloud Service
This article is intended for partners who wish to migrate their AEM connectors from the downloadable version of AEM to AEM as a Cloud Service. For a high-level view of the process from code migration to deployment of connectors with AEM as a Cloud Service for the purpose of planning and technical assessment, please review this content about Implementing Connectors.
Detailed steps to guide the process of migration
- Start with code base for your connector which is compatible with AEM 6.4+
- Replace the uber jar to AEM Cloud SDK in your project poms, referencing here for additional details.
- Review and Fix any compile/build problems
- Review development guidelines to restructure the project to make it compatible with AEM Cloud Service
- Once #4 is done, deploy on your local instance and confirm if the connector gets installed correctly under apps, conf etc.
- Commit the connector code (not with WKND project) and deploy it via Cloud Manager pipeline on the Dev environment
so it surfaces any problems with connector code
- Review and fix and deploy the code to Dev sandbox without any sample content and confirm if all parts of the connector
(code/content) get installed correctly.
- Deploy Locally: Clone the WKND project from Github, embed the connector as part of the WKND project as a subpackage,
and deploy it on your local instance. Perform a smoke test for validation.
- Deploy on Cloud Service Dev: Once the connector is validated end-to-end on a local instance, embed the connector as part of the WKND project and deploy it on
AEM Cloud Dev environment. Perform a smoke test for validation.
- Make final adjustments and prepare for delivery of the connector along with documentation for installation.
What to do post-development: requirements for hosting, automated testing, and customer deployment
Customers can now embed the connector and deploy it on AEM as a Cloud Service. Before doing so, Adobe strongly recommends compliance to our suggested deployment process, details of which can be found here.
This covers the recommended processes for hosting of your connector artifacts, deployment of automated functional tests to your Stage/Production environments through the CI/CD process, and deployment of connectors in the customer environment.
Finally, we recommend that partners utilize their public listings on Experience Cloud Exchange to keep customers up to date. This would include Installation instructions with guidance regarding the latest version of the connector deployed to partner’s production environment so that customers can update their projects accordingly.